Friday, July 11, 2008

Heat and Smoke Emergency: 5:00 PM in the Valley





Thick smoke continues to hangs over the Sacramento area as forest fires burn throughout Northern California. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said in a prepared statement "I urge all Californians to take proper health precautions as the temperatures rise into the 90s and 100s across the state -– drink plenty of water and check on your neighbors who may be more vulnerable."

Trivia: I have lived in Sacramento for over 50 years and have never seen or smelled anything like this air....everyone I talk to is feeling depressed about the air quality both outside and inside their homes. A friend told me that when he was in China the air was this bad everywhere due to the pollution from burning coal to fuel their power plants. ~Barbara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad...I hope we have clear days to look forward to soon...

Isadora said...

How is this situation now with the smoke? Are things getting better?