Friday, October 26, 2007

Tequila Drinking Devil Dog


In West Sacramento, this tequila drinking devil dog becomes very ferocious
during Halloween, Samhain, Pooky Nights and Dia De Los Muertos.
Photo by Barbara

Actually, this statue was created by well-known ceramic artist Joe Mariscal and I purchased it from Jennifer Pauls Gallery back in the 1980's. Some people are offended by her angry snarl--I find it endearing ...she looks exactly like our old dog Snooper, a fiesty, toothless, Chihuahua fox terrier mix. As for the Don Julio, we acquired a taste for tequila when we visited Guatemala recently.....

5 comments:

Jilly said...

Now that's scary! I wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night - on the other hand, if I did, I'd need a whole bottle of tequila to get over the encounter!

Felicia said...

I imagine that some people end up looking like this dog after drinking tequila! Powerful potion tequila is.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great shot! Fantastic sculpture, definitely fits with the end of October.

isa said...

I'd love to see a photo of Snooper now ;-)

Steve Buser said...

That's it, I'm giving it up.

--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo