Thursday, November 8, 2007

Emma's Taco House since 1953



Ruben Rodriguez, is the owner of Emma's Taco House on Sacramento Avenue in the old Bryte neighborhood of West Sacamento. This family owned business was established in 1953 at this location. If you haven't tried their Mexican style vegetable soup and special house salad dressing you are really missing out. They also have great margaritas! Emma's is also a popular lunch spot for the Capital City Politicians and I have heard that in the old days "Big Daddy" Jesse Unruh and Jack Schrade ate lunch there frequently.

I remember meeting Emma on a Soroptimist Bus Trip to Reno years ago and she was a vivacious and charming lady. She shared her special homemade burritos with us..they were the most delicious I've ever tasted. Photo by Barbara

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Yummy, I love Mexican food. The soup sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I've tried time and time again to duplicate their house salad dressing and I've failed miserably every time. It's like a combination of buttermilk ranch dressing and taco seasonings...

Unknown said...

Nothing beats homemade tortillas. Do they make breakfast tacos?? I learned of those wonderful treats when I moved to South Texas 12 years ago and I have been hooked since!

Anonymous said...

It's Cumin, not taco seasoning