Saturday, January 5, 2008

A "Perfect Storm" hits the Sacramento area


Monday Update: Workers removing the tree that fell on a school district maintenance building on West Acre Road. Photo by Debbie.


Friday PM; Just a couple of shots of damage in our neighborhood from the second in a much-anticipated series of systems forecast to pass through our area in the coming days.
See Sac Bee: Mother Nature delivers a wallop

This morning it sounded like the wind gusts were strong enough to blow the roof and the back of the house off. I debated about whether to drive to Campus because the weather forecast was so dire, but was in my car and ready to commit to the trip when my daughter called me on my cell phone. She told me to turn around and go home because many big rig trucks were stopped on the side of the freeway, not daring to venture across the bypass in the high winds (gusts of 40 mph + were reported). I decided to stop at Starbucks and get coffee, but all the power was out at our shopping center-- with the exception of Target whose lights were ablaze and ready for customers--seems they build their stores with back-up generators. Oh did I tell you that our new Target has a Starbucks too!
Post by Barbara

1 comment:

Neva said...

wow....looks bad! hope all is well at your place!