Sunday, March 23, 2008

Old West Sacramento Cleaners Building


According to a West Sacramento Historical Society publication, the West Sacramento Cleaners Building on the corner of Fifteenth Street and Virgina Avenue was built in 1946 by Hubert and Grace Beers. Mrs. Beers sold the building in 1971. At one time there was also a restaurant on one side of the building.

Over the years it has housed Sam Young Studios, Blanche's Flowers and Gifts and several other types of business residences.~ Barbara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In 1946 cement blocks was the new construction choice of materials and is reflected here. A very nice photograph with your post today.

Easter greetings from Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. The memories. As a West Sac resident from birth - I remember this place as the photography studio - I wouldn't smile in any of my pictures because my mom gave a crappy hair-doo that day. I really wish that building would house something that would last. The last I remember, a few years back - an old family friend had a gift shoppe of some sort in there - business folded quickly. . . as does everything else in that building - I'm beginning to wonder if it's cursed or something. :/