Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pennsylvania Park "In the Round"


Pennsylvania Park located at 17th St. and Pennsylvania Ave in West Sacramento, has a wonderful grove of shade trees with several picnic tables and is just one block from the Little League Park. Drive by during the week and you'll seen many folks enjoying their lunch at this quaint little park. ~ Barbara

Trivia: Cathy Shumaker Perrigo grew up across the street from the park and remembers this: "When we were kids, before the circle became a park, it was just dirt and all the kids would play there building forts and many other things that kids did. I was about six at the time and I remember Santa Claus came to the park one Christmas. Somebody had a tent set up and all the kids came to see him. I thought this was really cool because my parents seemed to know Santa and gave him hot chocolate (but as an adult I now know it was probably not hot chocolate-- teehee!!) My dad's next door neighbor was Art Heasley. Art was the Yolo County Controller and he worked with the City of West Sacramento to have this park developed."

3 comments:

Destitute Rebel said...

Lovely shot, the blue the green and the grey all look amazing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your blog. I've enjoyed looking at pictures of my new hometown.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE West Sac . . And, yes - I am biased and grew up on Delaware Ave. Thanks for sharing your pictures!